About UsBellville Medical Center, the only hospital in Austin County, Texas is located in a small, rural area, about 45 minutes west of Katy, Texas. Our Emergency Room (ER) is Level 4 Trauma and Level 3 Stroke certified. Our Operating Room (OR) provides specialty surgeries. Our physicians and staff provide warm, personal, compassionate, quality care close to home. We are all about family, community and Friday night football lights! Come join us. Be part of a family and not just a number in a building.
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for being a positive example and champion for all aspects of Bellville Medical Center
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with all of our customers – our patients, our physicians, our staff and community leaders.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Advanced with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
- Strong IT skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years’ experience Healthcare experience preferred
Bellville Medical Center is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable
Please submit your resume to HR@bellvillemc.org. In the subject line, identify the position - Staff Accountant.
We look forward to hearing from you.